All our patients are provided with a thorough, 45-minute consultation to comprehensively assess your concerns. Within each session, a consultant will:
- Ask you to describe the condition, discuss previous styling practices and current styling choices, washing and daily routines.
- Ask about your medical history, which would include chronic medication, changes to medication, operations, fevers, infections (particularly of nails, teeth, and eyes), childbirth, and breastfeeding.
- Ask about any recent blood tests and results related to iron levels, diabetes, thyroid function, and hormone levels.
- Discuss stress levels as well as the possible impact of physical and psychological stress and trauma.
- Discuss your diet, any significant weight gain or loss, and allergies.
- Examine your hair and scalp, take pictures and samples for microscope analysis when necessary.
- Outline the impacts of each styling practice and identify where changes could be made to improve the condition.
- Discuss the most likely diagnosis and treatment options available to the patient.
- Clearly explain the prognosis, determining if any follow-up appointments are needed.
For some patients, it only takes a few treatments before the results start to show. However, we consider every patient on a case-by-case basis and, where follow-up appointments are needed, we will schedule accordingly.
At Fulham Scalp & Hair Clinic, you can be assured of the best treatment for real results.