Afro Hair care
We are afro hair care specialists
At Fulham Scalp & Hair Clinic, we take the time to provide a bespoke hair care treatment that will offer you lasting solutions. Our holistic approach to the diagnosis and treatment of afro hair and scalp disorders comes from our extensive healthcare and hair care industry experience.
We believe that education and understanding are key to providing a sustainable treatment that works for you. This is why we work closely with every patient, collecting a full medical history before formulating a solution. It’s about carefully analysing your hair or scalp disorder, determining the contributing factors, and then explaining how they can be addressed. We then take you through the process, step-by-step, so that you’re empowered to take control of your hair care journey.
Treatment and Products
We’re looking to revolutionise the afro hair care industry. For too long, we’ve engaged with patients who’ve suffered by not having their voices heard or their concerns adequately addressed. Once our patients have consulted with us and enjoyed our bespoke treatment that meets their healthcare needs, their lives have visibly improved.
Our innovative techniques and technologically advanced treatment options challenge cultural norms and generational practices that harm rather than heal. We prefer to take an alternative approach that encourages healthier lifestyles by incorporating natural, healing ingredients. Our treatment plans combine our bespoke products, light therapy, steam therapy, a change in diet, and a change in hair care practices to create a sustainable and unique solution for the individual.
All Fulham Scalp & Hair Clinic, products are specially-formulated for afro, mixed-race, and European hair types to maximise results. We focus on using plant-based ingredients that are gentle on the skin and nourishing for your hair.
The Fulham Scalp & Hair Clinic ExperienceAll our patients are provided with a thorough, 45-minute consultation to comprehensively assess your concerns. Within each session, a consultant will:
- Ask you to describe the condition, discuss previous styling practices and current styling choices, washing and daily routines.
- Ask about your medical history, which would include chronic medication, changes to medication, operations, fevers, infections (particularly of nails, teeth, and eyes), childbirth, and breastfeeding.
- Ask about any recent blood tests and results related to iron levels, diabetes, thyroid function, and hormone levels.
- Discuss stress levels as well as the possible impact of physical and psychological stress and trauma.
- Discuss your diet, any significant weight gain or loss, and allergies.
- Examine your hair and scalp, take pictures and samples for microscope analysis when necessary.
- Outline the impacts of each styling practice and identify where changes could be made to improve the condition.
- Discuss the most likely diagnosis and treatment options available to the patient.
- Clearly explain the prognosis, determining if any follow-up appointments are needed.
For some patients, it only takes a few sessions before the results start to show. However, we consider every patient on a case-by-case basis and, where follow-up appointments are needed, we will schedule accordingly.
At Fulham Scalp & Hair Clinic, you can be assured of the best treatment for real results.
With World Afro Hair Day arriving on Friday 15th September,...
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Complete our quick form and we’ll get back you to find out more about your hair condition and how we can treat it.